Out of all the different file sharing companies out there, I believe you should try out Dropbox.
For those who haven't heard of Dropbox, it was a startup company based in the Silicon Valley. Their main service is to host files. The client software is for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Android, iOS, BlackBerry OS and more! There are over a hundred million users for this file sharing service company. That's a large number right? The fact that Dropbox is a really popular service and many businesses also use their services. From my personal experience, I believe that Dropbox is really convenient especially since you are able to sync specific folders to your Dropbox. When I need to share files with friends such as homework assignments prompts I download, I put it into my shared folder so they have an easy time to find the assignment prompts. It is also convenient for me because I don't have to do much to ensure my friends have the file they need.
"Do I have an unlimited amount of space with Dropbox to put my files?" Probably not! That is okay though because there are times where they throw out promotions to gain more space on their servers. There was a recent one for college students when they refer more people from their university. Hopefully there is more in the future because I am sure everyone would like to have more space.

Hi Justin.
ReplyDeleteThis is a good post. We actually have the same idea of having Dropbox as our point of view for our posts! By reading this, I believe Dropbox is the most convenient file-sharing service to use for everyday life. It is easy to upload your files in a specific folder and share it to your colleagues on the computer or a mobile device. I used it all the time for uploading my files and saving them as my copies into my Mac OS X.
One suggestion in your post is to analyze your sentences for grammar and sentence structure errors. While I was reading it, there were some sentence fragments that needed to be fixed.
All in all, you did a good job on your file sharing post. Keep blogging!
Hello Justin,
ReplyDeleteYour blog post about File sharing is very informative. I really like how you organized your post from explaining what is file sharing, then talking about what technology File sharing use. After that, you talked about your favorite File sharing tool, Dropbox. I also agree with you that Dropbox is the best File sharing tool that we have available as of right now. You did a great job at picking images for this post. Especially the first image really describes File sharing in a nutshell. Overall, this post was a good read. I am looking forward to read your future posts.
Keep Blogging!
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteGreat job! Well developing your view point. I agree with you that there's a lot of benefits from file sharing. I also share a lot file with other people as well as they share with me. On the other hand, people will argue a lot if it relates to copyright. Looks like copyright conflicts with file sharing. But it's hard to control since so many users are on the Internet.
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteYour article was very nicely written and I really like the sense of personal voice present in your writing. I also use dropbox and I think it's a great program, but I would have liked to see some alternatives as well. It's understandable why you don't have them though, since this post was focused on dropbox. You should have talked about the disadvantages of file sharing as well, such as pirating. What if I decided I wanted to give my friend this new movie that just came out via dropbox? Overall, this was a great read, keep up the good work!
Sharing files are pretty cool! They can however come with a lot of scrutiny, security issues, DMCA issues, and file format issues. Dropbox is pretty legit, however I wanna learn more about SSH and file sever permissions/Networking capabilities. I really love file syncing, it is probably the my favorite part about cloud file sharing. That and being able to access it from anywhere. However, I don't particularly like sharing data with companies so I plan on making a server sometime.
ReplyDelete