Could you imagine in the future that there would be several robots walking around with artificial intelligence and the capability to adapt to their environment? That would be a pretty scary future if they decided to take over the world!
With how technology is right now in the field of artificial intelligence, we are quite there yet compared to where the movies are. Most people have had some sort of contact with artificial intelligence though. If you have a smartphone, you probably used your voice at least once to control the functions of your phone. A famous version of this technology would be Siri. Siri is able to interpret your voice commands and do tasks such as scheduling new events, placing phone calls, and sending messages!
Siri is just the start of the current generation of artificial intelligence. Google's Self-Driving Car is talked about often among peers. With artificial intelligence able to determine the distance from itself and other cars, it can make safe decisions on how far it should go from driving in the streets to parking. Who knows what else is in store for us in the near future!
References:
Hi Justin,
ReplyDeleteNice work on your AI post! It would be kind of scary if an intellectual computer has a mind of its own to create robots and let them take over the world.
I really enjoyed reading your Siri example. It is very useful for every smartphone user to organize schedules, send messages, make phone calls, and answer simple questions/commands. That’s how I like to use Siri as my personal intellectual assistant.
As for Google’s self-driving car, it should definitely be a brand-new automobile for good use in future generations, such as giving the elderly and disabled people a safe ride. If artificial intelligence does not exist, then our world will not be advanced.
Your post is readable and fun. Keep blogging!
Hey Justin, I enjoyed reading your post about artificial intelligence. I really liked reading about siri. I recently bought an iPad and it had siri installed on it. At first I thought it was just a gimmick but I find myself using more and more every day, especially to check the weather. I find it amazing how much voice recognition software has advanced. If you tried to use that type of software 5 years ago, it could barely recognize you said anything at all.
ReplyDeleteHello Justin,
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed reading your blog post about Artificial Intelligence. I like how you started your post by asking very interesting question. Given a few thought on that question, I would not want to be controlled by robots, although I wouldn’t mind giving commands to robots. I also like how you mentioned about siri because that is one of the most useful apps that use Artificial Intelligence to fetch details in very short time span. Images that you have used for this post goes along with what you are writing. Overall, this post was a great read. I am looking forward to read your future posts.
Keep Blogging!
Hi justin!!
ReplyDeleteQuite an interesting post about artificial intelligence! I had a similar picture (used i robot movie picture as well) in my blog post haha. I like how you started out by asking a interesting question to draw in your readers. Its quite interesting how you mentioned a function of your iPhone, siri, since that is a great example of artificial intelligence. Overall I thought you wrote a great blog post and I look forward to reading more.
Keep blogging!
Jeff