| MacQuarrie Hall, Home of Computer Science Majors at SJSU |
I have gained a particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over the last several years. I have done a large amount of self-study as well as internships in order to obtain and refine such skills.
At San Jose State University, my technical skills are Java and C. From there, I took the time to learn several other skills such as Android Development and front-end web development.
![]() |
| A sample of my work on a desktop website when I was at TV.com. |
When I worked on front-end web development, I worked on both desktop websites and mobile websites. My technical skills for front-end web development are HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, JSON, Python, Django, and Git. Additional experience with front-end development is working with the following technical skills: HAML, LESS, Ruby, Rails, PHP, Test Driven Development, MySQL and working with a custom data store that has only five other engineers that know how to work with.
| The mobile website I worked on when I was with TV.com. |
As the field of computer science grows, I believe I can tackle front-end development challenges such as adding new functions to a website to keep users on a website longer from better ways to reach content, better interaction among users and allow these functions to be optimized for mobile.

Justin,
ReplyDeleteYour long list of techincal skills is extremely motivating to someone like me, who has only taken the time to learn more about computer science in class. You've encouraged me to do a lot more learning on my own, as it seems that although Java and C are languages that are used most often, learning more languages never hurt anyone. I also love how your goals and aspirations are specific; "I believe I can tackle front-end development challenges such as adding new functions to a website to keep users on a website longer from better ways to reach content, better interaction among users and allow these functions to be optimized for mobile." With computer science being able to reach all corners of every subject, it's sometimes hard to pick something specific to specialize in. Keep up the good work as I know you'll succeed!
Justin,
ReplyDeleteYou are very acquainted with the whole computer science industry, considering your vast experience in the field! You are also very knowledgeable compared to many people our age. You seem to know exactly what you want to do as well as exactly where you want to be in life and in the future. Many people twice our age still don't know what they want to do and you have already got it down! I admire your hard work and enthusiasm for the field, especially when you said, "I have done a large amount of self-study as well as internships in order to obtain and refine such skills." It takes a lot to study something so difficult on your own, let alone want to even study something in your free time! I am sure you will get far in life, but I'm going to take that as a challenge and TRY to one up you. :)