Pages

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Agile: What is it?

Many people may wonder, what is agile? How is it used? Would it help me with whatever I am doing? Let me tell you about it! The best way to think about this is as agile development. From a technical perspective, you should think about developing applications. Looking at web, mobile or multi-platform development, agile could be used everywhere. The main reason why agile is used for development is because it helps in different aspects such as reducing development cost and risk, improving quality and enhancing customers’ satisfaction by meeting their expectations and needs.

Generally, you want to break down a task into smaller parts so that it is easier to measure such as amount of time needed in order to complete such a task and various deadlines based on the difficulty of a subtask under a main project.


There are many different options for Agile. Some of them are DSDM, Scrum and XP. Even though there are many different types of agile technology, the concept would be very similar among a majority of them.
In the end, I would want to recommend everyone to use it. Based on my knowledge, I think it is a very resourceful type of technology because not only would be useful for applications, but students can use it for class projects as well. If you would want some more information on Agile, I would suggest reading the following page: What is Agile? (10 Keys Principles of Agile)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Justin,
    This post is informative. From this post, I easily know about Agile and the relationship between Agile and Scrum. We are using the software on our project. It is an useful tool for developing the project. As a more and more popular project development software, it is used every areas. Recently, I am looking for materials and examples about the application of Agile and its effect.

    If you can give the application process of using Agile to develop project and some related images, it will be better.

    Anyway, it is an very useful post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Justin,

    This is a very solid post, the whole post flows and your language is top-notch when compared to other blogs I've read. I like your introduction as well, opening with questions for readers helps show what your post is about while also forcing them to question and think. Your description of Agile is concise and clear cut. The picture does get the job done, it shows the process in a very easy to digest manner.

    Overall, an excellent post and I look forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Justin,

    Your blog is definitely one of the very few that actually has a sense of voice to it. You don't sound like the "let's talk about Agile" robot; you have enthusiasm and (gasp!) an opinion. Also, and this will probably sound like a super minor thing, but you also do a really good job with inline references and hyperlinks. You don't break the flow of your writing to link to information, and it makes a huge difference.

    This post makes a good introduction to the basic ideas of Agile; it's simple to understand but still conveys the main ideas. My one suggestion is to read your post out loud before submitting it; a few sentences in the first paragraph are a little awkward, and it feels like it's just because you just overlooked a word or two while editing.

    ReplyDelete